Sunday, February 26, 2006

More Inspiration and Stuff

I went to the Western Washington University 3rd Annual Bond Children's Literature Conference this weekend. Wow! Amazing! Laurie Halse Anderson is just as "real" as I thought she would be. She was a fun speaker and fab fab fab story teller. I'm a mad woman in the woods, too, so I could absolutely relate. Next up, it was Deborah Wiles. Let's give a hand to those Mississippi roots! Oh, there is some kind of cosmic connection between me and Deborah. She seems a bit more driven than me, but just as connected to place. She made me think about my connections. I grew up going to Nanih Waiya. My ancestors sprang out of the earth there. That was their beginning. It's nice to know that's where it all started. Next up was Jon Agee. I hope I figure out how to stay young in my heart like him. He felt like a kid. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so in touch with the inner child as this guy.

Well, I continue to live a really cool life and my cool quote for the day is:

Greek poet Pindar (522-443 B.C.)

EVERY DOG AT LAST WILL HAVE HIS DAY
He who this morning smiled, at night may sorrow;
The grub today’s a butterfly tomorrow.

(Odes of Condolence)

No comments: