Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow Days and Hope

I've been getting a lot done these last few days. Can't drive. Too much ice. Kids are home, so no carpool, lunches or volunteeering in classrooms.

2007 Novel Push: I added 1000 words to my manuscript this week. I was pleased with this progress because I've had gobs of current project work.

An editor asked for another copy of a manuscript. My first one has apparently been appropriated by gnomes. I'm also working on a requested rewrite and it's like pulling a giant bunny out of a tiny little hat. I'm working on permissions for another project. I've been tempted to beg. My hack career continues and a couple of more projects have just popped up on the horizon. Pay is always appreciated.

For your jolt of inspiration, I've been thinking about hope.

What future bliss, he gives not thee to know,
But gives that hope to be thy blessing now.
Hope springs eternal in the human breast:

Man never is, but always to be blest:

Alexander Pope

No comments: