Friday, September 28, 2007

Fun Lunch and Stuff!

Wow, I had a great lunch this week, really great. Seeing Gail Carson Levine is always tons of fun. Remember she has a new fairy book, take time to check it out -- Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand. Good stuff. I also lunched with the mythical Jeffrey Overstreet. Oh, do think about checking out his new book, Auralia's Colors. I also had the pleasure of lunching with Joni Sensel. Her book Reality Leak is out. Hint. Hint. Put it on your reading list. Humming of the Numbers is coming and after that we will see yet another book from this emerging powerhouse writer. Also, another nudge to universe, calling all art directors, check out the wonderful work of illustrator Obadinah Heavner. That should give you peeps out there some stuff to do.

The top secret fantasy project is buzzing along this week.

I booked my first full day school visit to feature my upcoming book -- Rembrandt and the Boy Who Drew Dogs, Barrons Educational Series, May 2008. Yay!

I saw the biggest moon this week. It hung low over the Cascades and was bigger than a silver dollar. I always feel blessed when I see something like that.

Lo! the moon ascending! Up from the East, the silvery round moon; Beautiful over the house-tops, ghastly, phantom moon; Immense and silent moon.

Walt Whitman

1 comment:

Joni said...

Hey Molly, thanks for the ping! I'll be having lunch with Jeff for an article tomorrow, so your lunch has begot more lunches... :-)

Good luck with the Coffee Cup rally!