Saturday, November 01, 2008

Day 1: The Third Annual Golden Coffee Cup Begins

Welcome, Golden Coffee Cuppers!

I'm so glad you've joined my on this exciting creative journey. I predict there will be ups and downs ahead. I feel that you will find your way, though. Snap! Snap! Snap! I applaud your bravery. You have until midnight tonight to post your goal here! Win coffee. Create superior work!

I like to start out the journey with some high fives and spiritual advice from some folks who know way more than me.

First, a cup of tea of high five advice from from Corrie Ten Boom: watchmaker, member of the Dutch Resistance, and survivor of the Ravensbrück concentration camp.

Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible



Next, wisdom and a joyous visionary high five from the Dalai Lama:

With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.



From Pope John XXIII, guidance and blessing high five.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.



From Mahatmas Gandhi, passion and a heartfelt high five.

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.



From Albert Einstein, wonder and a dream filled high five

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.



From Mother Teresa, heart and soul with prayerful high five.

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.



Yay for high fives! Have fun creating. Keep checking back for more high fives and inspiration. I will give so holy snaps for your success. I will help you over the bumps in the road.

I'm honored to be journeying with you.

No comments: