Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kreative Blog



Sorry, this is late -- busy weekend. So Vijaya gave me this award - Kreative Blogger, and I'm supposed to tell y'all 10 things I love. She narrowed it down to her ten favorite books but I don't know how to pick just ten. That would be impossible for me.

I'm listing 10 beautiful moments that I have loved.

1. The moment I met my husband. I knew the instant I saw him that I would spend the the rest of my life with him. This moment was a glimpse into the unknowable. I could feel the shape of the future.

2. The faces of my sleeping children. No matter how long the day has been I love to peek in on them and see their beauty. It's a miracle to be part of their lives.

3. The sunlight light in autumn. For a few weeks every fall in the fall I stop being a writer and turn into an artist. Autumn light seems almost alive to me. The light strikes the deepest cord within.

4. The moon in the daytime. I always feel the blessed when I see the moon embedded in a blue sky or shining out of a white fog. I don't know why.

5. Tulips, daisies, daylilies, and irises I love all flowers, but something about these flowers touch me -- their shapes, their textures, the curve of their stems.

6. The ocean -- I love the ocean. The tides tugged by the moon. The wind racing over the waves, the sound of crashing waters, the the tossed up treasures, the feel of sand on skin.

7. From when I was young, my mom rocking me in her rocking chair and her telling me fairy tales and stories about growing up in Oklahoma City.

8. Flying fish. I remember sitting on the bow of my Dad's fishing boat and watching silver flying fish jumping up and sailing back into the water in flashing arcs on my right and left.

9. Going to church -- my favorite moment was when I was fifteen years old and I was sitting at the front of the Baptist church and I knew that God accepted me, welcomed me into his house, even if I never quite fit the mold of American church. I was sure that God's house was one that no one would be turned away from.

10. I'd visit my grandmother in the summers, and it was her custom to nap from 2-3. I remember being bored not wanting to take a nap with her and feeling very frustrated about it. I remember her taking my hand and saying, "Sweetie, you are going to cry for these days." I did about twenty years later.

My doodle of week was sketched at the MOMA about a year ago. It's my take on Monet's Haystacks at Harvest. Click on it for a closer look. It's pretty tiny and didn't scan brilliantly.



Remember: ©Molly Blaisdell, all rights reserved. If you want to use my cool doodles, ask permission first. It is so wrong to take people's doodles without permission!

The playlist hit is one of the most beautiful songs by U2 -- Yahweh.


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir

No comments: