Saturday, September 04, 2010

Serendipity

Hi folks, summer is sliding away and fall is moving in. I love the changing of the seasons. For one, it reminds me that no matter how much of a rut I'm in, I don't have to worry, I'll get out it. I just will. Seasons change. It's something to count on.

This week I've been thinking about serendipity. You can't make serendipity happen, but you can create a world where serendipity is more likely to happen. It's really about showing up. So many dream, but few make dreams happen. This is the work part of the equation. I honestly believe if you move forward with the work, serendipity will come after you. You step and the universe answers. If you you don't step, nothing is ever going to happen.

So this week ask yourself, what is my next step? I like to write things down. It makes things more concrete for me. Take that baby step. Get in the habit of taking the next step. You will come to big leaps. Take the leaps! Keep moving toward your goal and something you are not seeking is going to come after you, something good but unexpected. After the work, expect serendipity.

I hope you take the baby steps, the regular steps, and any leaps that come your way this week. Serendipity will follow, of this I am sure. See ya next week. Seize the day.

Doodle of the week. I love to doodle cute critters defying gravity. Love it! Here is: "Two Lynx Leap"



Serendipity is the art of making an unsought finding. Pek van Andel

10 comments:

Vijaya said...

Love the doodle ... are those sheep making leaps?

School has started and I'm finally getting organized again. Bit by bit. Jen and I have made a date to share some work on the 14th. Must have typed pages to show! I'm shooting for a whole chapter. I don't think writing in my head counts.

Molly/Cece said...

Hey, those are lynx or lynxes.

I'm glad school has started. Jack is in Junior High. I miss you and Jen, and the gang.


Ooh, Vijaya, I can't wait to read your novel. :)

Janet Lee Carey said...

Yes to taking a step, even a baby step will often lead to a leap.

Thanks, as always, for the great advice, Molly

P.S. Vijaya

Writing in your head counts but it's hard for the rest of us to read it.

Vijaya said...

Molly, I promise you will read my book. It just needs several rounds of revisions.

Janet, I sent you an email. Btw, things in my head are always so perfect ... somehow the transcription process is what mangles everything.

jesse joshua watson said...

Love the Lynx Leap, Lady!

Louise said...

Hi Molly
I took a leap today and maybe you'd like to know you helped!
I started my blog. Don't know what I'm doing, but love it already.
Somehow stumbled upon yours when I was exploring how to do it. I know how - because I wanted to seize the day!
That's what my blog is for - looking for the beauty
Thanks

Molly/Cece said...

Oooh, writing in your head counts! Good one, Janet. I will blog about that some time.

Jesse, thanks for loving my lynx. I love them too. Really.

Hi, Louise, welcome to the blogosphere!!! Blogging is this fun journey, I'm glad you have joined in. Be aware, one leap will lead to another. :)

kathleen duey said...

Love the lynx!

Serendipity is one of my favorite things and one of my favorite words. It comes out of the mouth like a lttle song.

CHRISTOPHER CHENG said...

hey no way!!!
summer is just getting to roll in to this end of the world! Hooray! enough of the chilly stuff (well chilly for us)!
keep Warm!!!

Molly/Cece said...

Kathleen, Thanks of loving my lynx. Let cheer the Lord of Orford for coining serendipity: http://livingheritage.org/three_princes.htm.

Dude, I live in Texas. Summer to fall means the temps have fallen from 43 C to 34 C. That's still pretty hot.