Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life is Necessary for Your Art To Thrive

If you live on this planet, you have suffered or will suffer. We are all fighting battles. It's part of being human. You must not begrudge life when it keeps you from your art. You must live to create art. LIFE is the great cauldron of art.  LIFE brings happiness, love, hope, but on the flipside, pain, distress, hardship--you need all to find your voice.  
There is a movement in this world of ultimate positivity. There are older movements of faith and friendship. I find being positive in the face of tragedy farcical. I go with the older movements when working through life. I turn to faith. I cast my burdens on the Lord and he sustains me. I find myself unmoved and able to travel on in the storms of life. That said, weathering storms takes time.  My pen goes down.  My poems stop.  
It's a frightening time. 
It is your job to feel. I encourage to perceive your deeply. Remember this awareness will inform your work when you are ready. These upheavals may change the direction of your work. You may leave many things undone to start something new. You may return to something you started in your 20s that you complete in your 50s.  You will return to your art. Give it time.  
Embrace the days given you. Live your life. Then create your art.  Every little thing will shine.  
A doodle for you: 

A quote for your pocket: 
I see the world being slowly transformed into a wilderness; I hear the approaching thunder that, one day, will destroy us too. I feel the suffering of millions. And yet, when I look up at the sky, I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more. Anne Frank

SPECIAL NOTE:

Does a writer need to be paid?

Seize the day has moved to NIMUE, but, because of requests, I will post my blog here a week after it is available on NIUME. Please, if you want to just receive my timely blog through Niume, follow this linka, then enter your email or follow. Done. You may also follow my blog by following me on Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter. It really helps me out if you follow me on NIUME or through other platform because this monetizes my blog.  

If you want things to stay the same. Consider using  PayPal to support my work. Long onto PayPal send tips to  molly@mollyblaisdell.com.