Saturday, October 06, 2018

Ness

Sometimes, strength of character is a person coughing her head-off and sleeping around the clock. I've had a tough month physically.  It's put my creative self on hold.  No doodles since last weekend.
I haven't written one word. I have read only one book this week. (Sad. Sad. Sad.)

I am dreaming of my water aerobics class and writing down pages and pages of words. Here I am persevering.

So what to write about it. Here it is: NESS.  Lots of angry twitters out there, folks.  Here is a "Ness" the Union address. Ness means the"state of." I am standing up as an advocate of love this week.

Here is my suggestion. Try the high road. Think of all your best adjectives and add ness to them. Loving, kind, hopeful, peaceful, happy, free, good, considerate, caring, empathy, believing, ethical, etc. You want more than just one act of good stuff, you want to be in the state of the good stuff. That means regardless of what is going down in the neighborhood, the country, or the world, you remain in the "state of."

On the flip side, think of the worst adjectives.  Hateful, angry, mad, depressed, bored, shallow, misogynistic, overbearing, holier-than-thou, etc. Chuck that stuff into the wind.  I think you get the picture.

Everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten. Play fair. Say you are sorry. Forgive all the wrongs. Respect each others' space. Take turns. Be sure to include everyone. Mrs. Crabtree at King of Glory Kindergarten really knew her good stuff.


Here is a doodle.

Here is a quote for your pocket. 

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. Vincent Van Gogh



1 comment:

Janet Lee Carey said...

Thanks for the thoughts, the heart art, and thanks to Mrs. Crabtree at King of Glory Kindergarten!

Take care, Molly B

love

Janet