Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gig, Ultimate Rejection and Weekend Writing Recap

It's been a good week. I got a gig! I will be speaking at the summer PNWA Writer's Conference. My topic? My favorite, the children's market. I have three pronged goal for this session. 1. To help writers learn how to effectively research markets through print and electronic media and networking. 2. Share my take on the emerging and expanding markets within the children’s market. 3. Help writers improve their ability to target markets for their work.

I also recieved the ultimate rejection letter this week. Half page, crumpled up photocopy of a photocopy, "Dear author" letter with a little snaky thing drawn in the corner. It's a good thing I overcame this kind stuff in junior high!

On the writing front, my recap of this week's efforts -- the drafts for the PW books are coming along, and Iworked on my author's note for the picture book. I'm also coming up to the end of another rewrite. As usual I sort of feel like I have been turned inside out. Still, my manuscript is thanking me for my efforts.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein

He conquers who endures. ~Persius

No comments: