Friday, June 08, 2007

Stuff I Did Not Know

I thought camels had a tank of water up in that hump and that's why they could live in the desert. Camel humps are made of fat. Camels can live in the desert because they efficiently handle fluids. Who told me camels had a tank of water in their humps? Here's more. I did not know that penguins live at the equator. I am sorry that I'm so ignorant. The universe is conspiring to rectify that situation, because I'm still writing passages. I did 9 this week. I have no current assignment, but 12 ought to show up on Monday.

On the writing front an odd egg has wobbled a little bit. I was very surprised about that.

I sent out my first round of queries for my new novel – flat out photocopy rejection, one mild revision letter.

We lost the car keys again. Where did we find them this time? Under the wet/dry vac on the carport. Ah, the first place I should have looked; at least, that what my teenaged son tells me.

On encouragement, I've been thinking about Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I went and pulled out my copy of Bring Me a Unicorn. I had forgotten how she could turn a phrase and how she infused her personality on a page.

On that note here is a nice quote from Anne:

The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea.



2 comments:

holly cupala said...

Hooray, you're back! I've missed you.

Molly/Cece said...

I've missed you to too!