Friday, August 01, 2008

Reality

My post will be short this week. I've had a family emergency, but the boat is slowly setting itself aright.

I have a big shout out for a certain friend of mine!!! I can't stop clapping my hands. All I can say is good things come to those who wait.

On writing, sometimes there is no time to write. Sometimes our mind is so troubled that all the words come out wrong. Sometimes we need to curl up with a good book. Watch a movie. Look at some art. Just like bread is leavened, punched down,kneaded and then rested, we need to be in tune with the rhythm of life. Living life is part of writing. Embracing living will flood your writing with emotion, experience and earnestness. Earnestness? Yes. It is in living that we feel the preciousness of each breath. We truly connect with depth and sincerity of feeling. We discover intention, purpose and zeal. Let earnestness reshape you. Living serves as fuel for the engine of our creative lives. Don't see it as the enemy of your creative process. Open your heart to living your life and then write about that. Be addicted to reality.

I hope this helps you on your journey.

I hope you like this week's doodle. I call it The Possibility of Wishing.



Remember: ©Molly Blaisdell, all rights reserved. If you want to use my cool doodles, ask permission first. It is so wrong to take people's doodles without permission!

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Alison Ashley Formento said...

Thank you for this beautiful post.