Friday, August 22, 2008

Spin

Sorry this is late, I've been busy. First, my news update, I will be reading and signing my book Rembrandt and the Boy Who Drew Dogs at the Woodinville Barnes and Noble on Sept. 6, 2008 at 3 P.M. This is a Local Authors Gala and supports Hopelink literacy programs.

I also have some good news -- two more contracts with Picture Window Books for informational picture books. This time I'm writing about circles and quadrilaterals. For those of you who do not know what a quadrilateral is -- it's a four-sided polygon. My very first math books! There is extended glee within me because I'm writing about math.

On the creative front, I've been overbooked for a while. I have too many commitments and not enough me. It's time to switch gears, time to take a breath. I'm going to focus on the novel writing for a while. I need to slow the pace and really think. The only way that is going to happen is going to be by closing down the number of commitments I have.

I'm going to volunteer less. I'm going to sleep all night. No more gigs that suck up all my time and leave nothing of me. I'm going to apply myself to writing a novel -- a story that will make my readers cry with anguish because they are so sad the amazing ride has come to an end. I only have three jobs on the table and after that it looks like a few months of free time. Ooh, I want to spin around with joy. Free time. YAY.

I'll blog about my process over the next few posts.

I call this doodle RED STICK. I drew this over 20 years ago from a wildlife calendar.




Remember: ©Molly Blaisdell, all rights reserved. If you want to use my cool doodles, ask permission first. It is so wrong to take people's doodles without permission!

Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

No comments: