Saturday, February 27, 2010

Golden Advice -- A little help from my friends

Here it is, folks, the end of the golden advice. Make new friends, keep the old, some are silver, the others are gold. I'm sure that if you surround yourself with talented people that success will come your way. Open up to this. Let it fill your heart.

I'm going to SHOUT OUT a few friends. My friend Katherine Grace Bond has a new agent, Sara Crowe! Yay! Katherine is also a Jack Straw Author. My friend Louise Spiegler is also a Jack Straw Author. My critique partners, Louise [The Jewel and the Key], my friend Conrad Wesselhoeft [Adios, Nirvana], and the amazing Holly Cupala [Tell Me a Secret], all have books coming out this year. Janet Lee Carey has two of the most gripping fantasy sequels ever coming out for two of her series -- The Dragons of Noor is one. I'm saying that the wonderful Chris Eboch has stuff brewing. My friend Stasia Kehoe has a fab fab fab blog you might read. The wonderful Watsons always have great stuff cooking: Richard Jesse Watson, Jesse Watson, Benjamin Watson, Faith Pray (also a Watson), Susi Watson, who has no blog, boo. Did I get to Allyson Schrier, Lois Brandt, Kevan Atteberry, Vijaya Bodach, Cathy Benson, Jen Heger...? It's amazing that I have not spontaneously combusted from the brilliant light of all this talent.

Anyway, I cannot stress the support that I have experienced from these and many other writers and artists. One of the great privileges of my life is to know these multi-faceted folks. Knowing them all makes me feel like one of the wealthiest people on the planet. I'm about to make a big move across country, back to Texas, my hometown stomping ground. But I have to say, I piece of my heart is planted in the Northwest...

My doodle this week, "Home."



This week takes us back to 1967 and St. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Oh, Gonna try with a little help from my friends
Lennon/McCartney

8 comments:

Trudi Trueit said...

Molly, I always look forward to your Seize the Day posts. They are a refreshing reminder how important it is to keep seeking and growing. Thank you for sharing your wit, wisdom, and artistic talents through your blog. Safe travels to Texas. Don't forget us in the NW! Cheers, Trudi

Molly/Cece said...

I know I keep saying goodbye. It's hard to leave. Thank you for the kind words. I got my refreshing seeker/growing attitude from my mom and dad. I won't forget anyone here. Oh, so many people in my heart. I do plan to go to the conference in April. Perhaps we can have lunch. Peace, Molly

Jen said...

I haven't seen you in many moons, but think of you so often. Thanks for bringing a little bit o' Texas to our NW. Safe travels and do keep in touch. I will miss you.

Vijaya said...

I'm breaking my Lenten retreat to say: Thank you. Bless you. You have been part of my most important decade. It's Providence.

I will never forget that day in Peggy's class when I first met you. You were late, and flustered. I suppose four kiddos can do that. Later Peggy read part of Fractals and how I loved it. I still love it, and you will find the right home for it one day and all those other stories and poems that only you can write.

I hold you in my heart and prayers.

Soozi said...

Molly dear~ We will miss your smiles, warmth and heart of compassion. Know that we will be there with you in spirit and hopefully in person for visits. In fact, we're going to Abilene, TX this July for the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature Golden Kite Exhibit. Would love to hook up with you. Love and peace~ Susi

Janet Lee Carey said...

A shout out right back to you, Molly. Inspiration is contagious.

Molly/Cece said...

Hi Soozi:),Ooh, July for the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature Golden Kite Exhibit. I could figure that out, I think. I've been to the Center several times. My mother-in-law lived there.

Stasia said...

Molly, shoutin' right back. Knowing you is a joy and an inspiration. None of that's gonna end just because you're house is in Texas--your home is in the hearts of the many writers who have the pleasure of caling your their friend. Safe travels. Stasia