Saturday, March 06, 2010

Reflections: Quiet

Welcome, folks. I'm going to be time hungry for the next few weeks. I'm going to post a series of simple reflections this month. I begin with quiet. I find quiet is an important piece of the creative journey.

Be silent. Be still. Let the words, images, all the noise, go. Listen. Hear the hum, the pitch, the pressing of nothing...silence. Let it flood it the corners of you. What whispering voices have you missed in the bustling of today? What future has escaped your grasp in all the NOISE? Turn it off. Quiet your soul. Contemplate the still waters, the glorious dawn, the falling night. Feel the wind on your face. Smell the rising spring. Breathe. Shh. Be quiet.

This week's doodle is called "Bluebonnet".



I lived in solitude in the country and noticed how the monotony of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind. Albert Einstein

No comments: