Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 22: The Golden Coffee Cup -- Kathy Whitehead

Click here to learn more about the Golden Coffee Cup.

I hope that you are enjoying the rhythm of the work. We are near a holiday, a tough spot on a journey. We have lots of obligations. Breathe. Think about the plan and move forward with boldness.

Today's high five comes from one of my cheery friends, the ever optimistic Kathy Whitehead.



You might want to check out her book, ART FROM HER HEART. She’s here today to offer some useful advice about how to keep the home fires burning. In Kathy’s words:

Sustaining goals can be tough, especially when the end can feel so elusive. I am fortunate to work in a 'lesson-planned' work mode which harkens back to my days spent as a classroom teacher. The lesson plan usually has a similiar daily structure and adheres to time restraints. I even build in a morning recess for myself - walking my dog Toby.

The beauty of a a lesson planned day is you don't waste valuable mental energy deciding when you will write. It gives your day a natural flow and balance, qualities helpful for long term projects.

My focus and effort can be directed toward my writing, instead of decision making about how to plan my day.


Oooh, good stuff. I feel more focused, and I hope you do, too. Come back tomorrow for more piping hot stuff. Hey, let me know you are out there! Post your progress and I will do some holy snappin'.

Here is a quote to help you on. Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles. Helen Keller

No comments: