Saturday, February 19, 2005

Follow the yellow brick road.

That seems like as good a place to start as any. I'm blogging. Honestly I've been doing this my whole life. I've been using the outmoded technology of paper and pen. It's time to step into the new millennium. I've been writing for children for about 10 years. I'm finally going to be published. My first books are coming out next month. I hear from a rather reputable source (big name author) that writing basal readers is really lame, alas I have written 2. I don't know -- it feels good to me. I'm currently taking a breather from my next set of basal readers. Does anyone out there have a clue what basal means? I sold all nine of these books the day I learned that I was cancer free. That was the day before Christmas. It was a very wonderful moment.

Hmm. I keep sending out manuscripts and hoping.

Favorite quotes:

There was never much hope, only a fool's hope. (Tolkien)
I can still hop. (Katherine Paterson)

Lots to say. Will meander through it all over time.

No comments: