Sunday, March 19, 2006

Volunteering, Hayao Miyazaki and Word Count

I volunteered as a first reader for "a not to be named" contest. I can't believe I've been roped into volunteering again. I am way too gullible. Oh, this won't take long, just a few manuscript to whip through. Why don't I ever think through things?

Other news: I finally watched Howl's Moving Castle by a film by Hayao Miyazaki. My review : ***** Brilliant! Hey, there were some problems with the plot but on the whole this was visually riveting. Here's my advice if you're a children's writer or illustrator, and you are not aware of Hayao Miyazaki; go now and rent these three films: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service. Soak it all in.

I need to go get in the daily word count. Currently, I'm at 13078. Any cheering on the Novel Push 2006 is greatly appreciated.

No comments: