Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

I love lists!

My list of stupid recent stuff.

Endured the indescribable pain of watching the Lion King for 1,000,000th time. Maybe I'm exaggerating but it doesn't feel like it.

I endured the indescribable pain of watching the Lion King for 1,000,000th time, while waiting to see the doctor for two hours.

I'm teaching a teenager how to drive.

Catch 22. I have to drive teenagers every day wherever they want to go. Keeping the natives happy is important!

I found a mysterious trail of paper that led through the neighborhood to my house. Never a good sign.

(Unrelated event) Our septic system had a problem. (No words could express the absolute horror of this event.)

Enough stupid stuff. Why ouch, ouch, ouch? I'm sitting on pins and needles and it's top secret. A person should never count chickens before they hatch. I can say that I've got an incubator and the eggs are wobbling.

BTW, let me know the stupid stuff happening to you.

It's a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand. Madeleine L'Engle

No comments: