Friday, September 21, 2007

Deception Pass and News

I was out an about today and took a ride on my private yacht (ha, ha) on a cool trip through Deception Pass. I saw cormorants, a chipmunk, several seals and herons. Here I am checking it all out.





I'm watching seals and munching a sandwich.






Here is my personal crew. No one else was out on such a cold, wet day.








This is a very tall bridge over Deception Pass. We chugged right under it.



Well, time for an egg update. I have a rocking egg! I have had weeks with no egg movement. It's nice to have an egg rocking again. Click here to read about eggs.


Speaking gigs: I have a school visit in October. I'm speaking at the UW class. Yay! I'm teaching Create A Picture Book for six weeks at East Ridge Elementary's AfterSchool program. Ah, finally a sport that I'm good at.



I'm also working on the uber top secret "Untitled Fantasy Project". This is perhaps the most innovative project I've ever worked on.



I will be out and about for the next few weeks. I'm heading to Oregon SCBWI's retreat in early October. I'm excited. I'm having lunch with Gail Carson Levine next week. Check out her new book: Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand. We are going on an adventurous hike around Seattle's Locks.


One of my critique group members illustrated a book. Need a fab Halloween book? Try Frankie Stein, illustrated by the talented Kevan Atteberry and written by Lola M. Schaefer



Since I'm recharging this week. I encourage you to take care of yourself. Recharge.



If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.


Oprah Winfrey

No comments: