Sunday, February 20, 2005

Frustration

I don't wholly understand the writing business. It makes farming look like 'flash in the pan', quick work. I have 3 queries that have been out for more than a year each. I have a picture book that has been out for more than a year. I gave an exclusive to an agent for a month on a book, but it's been two months, and I haven't heard back. She did let me know in early February that she is still looking at my book. Still I don't like the selling piece of the writing business. I'm not a great salesman. I always feel uncomfortable, awkward, and just basically horrible at it. I haven't made a major submission since December. I've been writing a series of educational books, haven't had time for much else. I wish I had a magic wand that would show me the path I should take.

No comments: