Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Almost Midnight

Yes, it is. I should be sleeping. I spent the day emailing the entire planet again. I needed WORLDWIDE rights not NORTH AMERICAN AND CANADA. How sad is this? I'm not even sure what rights are, but I've obtained them. Anyone out there want to jump in here and explain rights to me? I'm all ears.

Went to critique group tonight. We read aloud. I wanted to change about 5 words out of several thousand. I didn't have to change the words; I just wanted to do some tweaking. I'm like a car mechanic when it comes to writing. I can't stop myself from opening up the hood and pulling out that carburetor. Perhaps I can ratchet up the idle and improve perfomance. Maybe I should overhaul the engine. What about those CV joints. Someone, where's my socket wrench!

Only in my case, it's all about -- I'm going to layer in one more breath of description. I could pull back a smidgen on the emotional reaction there. Oooh, what about having the sister drop the knife instead of the cat-dog-baby-alien-hybrid clone. Maybe this is just a bit too X Files. Should I rewrite the whole scene in 2nd person? Someone, where's my International Thesaurus of Quotations!

So it's really all most midnight now and I need to snooze.

I hope y'all are having a "holy snapping" week and that noone is eating their way into giant pants!

Quote for the day:

“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
Saint Augustine Ancient Roman Christian Theologian and Bishop of Hippo from 396 to 430. One of the Latin Fathers of the Church. 354-430

No comments: