Friday, June 02, 2006

Why Didn't I Write Last Week?

Oh, the humanity. I have 4 Js and we are at the end of the school year. Band concert last night. Field day, book club, field trip. Mom, I forgot my rocket in the car can you bring it to me? Mom, I missed the bus, can you drive me? Mom, I have a fever and stomachache and headache. Chunks follow. Mom, my eye is red because I hit myself in the head with a stick; I don't have allergies.

The thing about my excuses is they are genuine. I have spent five hours every day for the last three stuck in the traffic gridlock around Woodinville. It took me an hour and a half to drive 6 miles.

I will now rant about "public transportation". Where is my light rail/subway! I voted for it 10 years ago and the brilliant folks of WA are still thinking about it.

My word count for the from May 22 to June 2: 1300. This is a dismal situation that I am working to turn around. I am sorry all you writing folks. I will try to work this week extra hard. Another round of "the not to be named" test grading is looming. I have 7 more chapters to write to finish the Novel Push of 2006. All cheering is welcomed! Holy snappin' is welcomed! Snap! Snap! Snap!

Here's the consolation prize if you are in the boat of those trying to get it together.

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Emily Dickinson

5 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I worked on my grammar book proposal. Hoo-hah! I expect to have a draft done We also bought a house, which is going to make summer seriously challenging. My new outlook: Do what I can, and try not to stress-eat my way into giant pants.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Oops. And I will not be critical of myself when I fail to finish sentences.

Draft of grammar book proposal to be done June 15.

Molly/Cece said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly/Cece said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly/Cece said...

Hi Martha! Yea working on the grammar book proposal!

Ooh, you bought a house. Fixer-upper or a nice new cottage by the sea? I have no advice on how to avoid giant pants.

I think of grammar as guidelines.

Great goal! Snap! Snap! Snap!

My goal is to finish Plumber Girl rough draft by the end of June. I also sent out a pb submission -- The Big Fuzzy Coat.

Summer camp is the last week, so there is hope that some major work will get done then.

I'm grading the test again. Oh, joy.