Monday, May 22, 2006

High Five! Egg Rocks! Goal for May 23-30! One More Week of Holy Snappin'

I really didn't think I had a snowball's chance in hell of making this goal, but what do I know?

Goal May 15-22 completed! 5000 more words. I see the light at the end of the rough draft.

I give special kudos to Brimstone Soup YA author Holly. She wrote half of my weekly goal in one day. I appropriately choke on her dust.

So if you are here for your high five. Here goes.

Hayao Miyazaki feels that you have entered a new dimension when it comes to your work! Congratulations.

Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet are overjoyed with your success!

Laurie Halse Anderson enthusiastically high-fives your efforts.


Mr. Rodgers' spirit says it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and is thrilled with the work that you are doing for children. Trolley also is proud of your hard work.

It was a busy week. I even had an egg rock (way bigger than wobbling).

Keep writing. My goal for week May 23- May 30. 3000 words!

Hey, it's a holiday weekend and it's my 18th wedding anniversary. It's more than quantity; it's dedication.

3 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Snap!

I finished the outline for my fantasy novel and immediately commenced hating it for the cliche-ridden and predictable piece of garbage it is!

The Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar sent a stern letter to George W. Bush, along with a polite inquiry to Her Majesty, the Queen of England (not to be confused with Jermajesty, son of Jermaine Jackson).

I also finished my Doomed Love story for MSN Movies, just in time to celebrate my own 10th anniversary.

Snaps to you, Molly!

Molly/Cece said...

A derivative, predictable, cliché-infested outline? Hey, wait a second, that sounds like a solid first draft. Drivel? Appropriately crappy? Anne Lamont commends you.

Snap! Snap! Snap!

Thanks for sending out stern letter to George W. I will sleep better tonight. I was not confused before about Jermajesty and Her Majesty, but now I am.

Well, congratulations on your Doomed Love story and your 10th wedding anniversary.

Thanks for the snaps!

holly cupala said...

High five, Martha! Your "Doomed Romances" article is front and center on MSN today. You ROCK.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/dvd/doomed?GT1=8241