Friday, January 26, 2007

Kudos to Theodor Seuss Geisel Medal Winner Laura McGee Kvasnosky and 1, 2, come on 3!

I mentioned Kirby and her Newbery nod in my last post. Now I have to jump in and mention that fab, fab writer/illustrator Laura McGee Kvasnosky received the Geisel Medal for Zelda and Ivy: The Runaways. Laura's local in the Northwest. It's really cloudy and gray here, this unfortunate fact turns out to be very fortuitous for writers and artists. Hey, as a gal with two sisters, I really connect with Zelda and Ivy. Give it a read, folks.

New York, New York! Wooo whoo, a week and half away! For more details: SCBWI Winter Conference.

I read Austenland by Shannon Hale. (Snagged an advanced reading copy.) What a hoot and half!!! I really think there really needs to be a Jane Austen Channel on cable!

Sold an article to the SCBWI Bulletin. Awesome. Received contracts for my new easy readers today. Awesome. Now if that rocking egg would just hatch. Good things are supposed to come in threes. That's 1, 2, come on 3!

No comments: