Friday, January 04, 2008

2008 Happy Days

It's 2008! I'm paying the kids to put away the many Christmas decorations so I can focus on work. It's time to pack up Christmas and move on to the new year. I'd like to start out with goal setting.


This year the goals are simple:


40 submsissions


Take any decent paying gigs that come my way.


Finish the first draft of my YA scif-fi novel Profit. Profit is about a reckless, naive teen, Sarai Corren, who is drafted into a galaxy wide peace-keeping corps. Her journey from carefree teenager, surfing afterschool and dreaming of a career in mall management on her homeworld, to the harsh reality of life in the corps is an epic adventure spanning the galaxy, entangling this girl in an ancient war. This story challenges readers to think about our part in history and what price are they willing to pay for peace.


Finish the first draft of my middle grade ghost story, The Big Thicket. This story, actually set in the Big Thicket of Texas, tells of a lonely girl, Sofia Victoria Maria de la Vega, who seeks revenge from her enemies. A backwoods witch promises to give Sofia the power to exact revenge if she will help calm some restless spirits wandering the Thicket. Sofia takes on the task and learns the secret of destroying her enemies wasn't exactly what she thought.


And last, I must finish my part of the draft of a super secret project that I am working on. Ooh, I love having a secret.


Too cool news, friend Janet Lee Carey has a movie adaptaion of her book Wenny Has Wings coming out. I love this book so was thrilled to hear this. Here's a link to read all about this upcoming movie.


A fab quote to keep us going in the new year:


May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.


Unknown

No comments: