Friday, January 11, 2008

Working Hard

I had a very full week. I worked on my little project Crying for the Moon. I also put a few more thousand words into the sci-fi working project. World building is hard work. I had critique group this week and got lots of sage advice.

I got a call from my Picture Window editor and am pleased to say that I will be writing two non-ficiton picture books about grammar for first and second graders. I'm really jazzed about this gig. It's a great way to start the year.

Below is the cover of my non-fiction reader, New Travels Fast, for first graders. This book really got me thinking about communication. I'm using much of what I learned researching this book to fuel my WIP. It's funny how earlier projects seems to feed later ones.



I need to get some manuscripts into the mail, so this week's entry is going to be short. I want to close with just a touch of inspiration from the Latin.

Dum spiro, spero. "While I breathe, I hope"

No comments: