Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 25: The Golden Coffee Cup -- Liz Mertz and Vijaya Khristy Bodach

Hi folks, Hope Thanksgiving is awesome! Take a walk. Stay warm. Today I have two high fives from very thankful friends who are participating in the Golden Coffee Cup and sent in some special high fives.

First, a "very new" high five from SCBWI BV Regional Advisor Liz Mertz's grandaughter. It's more of fist bump, but remember this little gal is very new.



What could be more motivating than a future reader!

Next, comes a joyous high five from talented author and my close friend Vijaya Bodach and her cat Finn.




I have a cat buddy to write with too! Nothing like cat therapy to keep you moving foward with your work. :)

Vijaya offers this bit of the hot stuff to keep you warm on your journey:

I don’t have a great many words of wisdom, but these:
1. No writing is too small.
2. Take as many writing gigs as you can.
3. It’s all good. It will help you become a better writer.
4. Enjoy it.
5. Write the stories that burn in your heart.


Great stuff! Ooh, stay warm today! Seize the day! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving Day and come back tomorrow for more hot coffee!

I have two quotes for the day because I couldn't pick one!

My idea of a perfect image is where I have created a beautiful environment, and the baby has given something of its personality. That extra spark in the image is always supplied by the baby. When you look at one of my images, your eye is always drawn to the baby's face, regardless of how complicated the setting is. The babies are always the most important aspect of the image, and so they should be.Anne Geddes

From the living fountain of instinct flows everything that is creative; hence the unconscious is not merely conditioned by history, but is the very source of the creative impulse. It is like Nature herself - prodigiously conservative, and yet transcending her own historical conditions in her acts of creation. C. G.Jung

No comments: