Saturday, May 14, 2011

Change the Weather

Hi, folks, a short post this week. I am busy scoring some crazy number of essays this week. We are in the middle of a drought in College Station and yesterday we had a soaking rain. It was glorious. It made me feel that we all have droughts and how much more wondrous it is when the drought ends.

Every plant greened up overnight. I suppose every drought must end, but perhaps entrenched weather patterns will only move with big changes. For me that was bringing a definite end to "it's never going to happen talk." I just stopped. And as a friend encouraged me recently it's probably a good thing to let go of.

I feel the drought in my work changing. I mean really, I'm a voice of the universe crying out the glorious, tragic, awesome, (almost any adjective will fit here) story of us. My challenge for you this week is to seek a change. Whatever it is that you need to act on, but your not acting on -- give it a shot. See if the weather changes.

Peace all. See you next week!

Here is a doodle: "Bouquet".



And a good quote.

A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves. Marcel Proust

2 comments:

Vijaya said...

What a pretty bouquet! I'm glad the drought is ending. Here, it's been a very cold and wet spring. Someone tell Mother Nature that it's May up here as well, but it has been good for my writing. The rain is definitely conducive for BIC.

Molly/Cece said...

I'm glad you like it. It's totally Picasso inspired. I miss cozy hot tea, light a fire and write all day days.