Saturday, December 10, 2011

Flurry!

Hi, folks, it's the busy time of the year for me. It's not even thinking about snowing here, but my life is a flurry! For some reason I always get work in December, and this one is no different. I've got fifteen articles to write, a thousand or so essays to read, a novel revision to finish, a story start to polish, and a sample book for a company. Whew! My head is spinning.

I must Christmas shop sometime! My husband time is out of the country for the holidays. He's off fixing nuclear machinery in the middle of the Atlantic on the JOIDES Resolution. They are studying the Earth's crust under the ocean.

The crazy thing with all this stuff to do, I'm out of control with reading right now. Oh, my, I have a big stack by the bed. I'm also writing my own stuff. Fitting it into the corners of my life. And of course, I've got a organ and brass concert to go to and the Christmas light festival, and some pecan pie baking is my future too! Whoa! this is a crazy time of year.

The most important thing I know is to keep it all positive. Oh, believe me, it is a struggle. To me the sky is falling. Me and Chicken Little are soul siblings. So my hourly assignment is to not complain, enjoy my life, and write in every margin I can find.

Just a reminder, I hope that you give my picture book a look and help me win a library for Sul Ross Elementary. It's called "The Big Fuzzy Coat." I am quite pleased with it. Please consider giving it a vote if you indeed know what Facebook is. Select the following link and choose "like". http://meegenius.com/challenge/the-big-fuzzy-coat-by-molly-blaisdell. Pass it on please.


Peace, friends. Seize the day.

No doodle this week. I'm entering the local baking contest with my Christmas Package Lemon-Raspberry-Macadamia-Nut Bars. Here is the pic.


Here is a quote to think about. Perhaps we should try to be this kind of busy bee. :)

Here, on the river's verge, I could be busy for months without changing my place, simply leaning a little more to right or left. Paul Cezanne

6 comments:

Vijaya said...

Molly, those raspberry nut bars look divine! I'm not baking much this year because of the similar sort of flurry ... it seems that every Dec. for the past five years I've been on deadline. Work is good. I'm glad you have it too. I will pray for you that all goes smoothly.

Molly/Cece said...

I won second prize in the sweets division. Hahaha.

I am thankful for any kind of work. I appreciate your prayers so much. Smooth sounds perfect.

I got your Christmas card and I could not help a tear or two. I miss you, Vijaya. I'm grateful beyond words you are my friend.

Anonymous said...

Molly, you're trying to win a library for my mom's school! she teaches resource and reading mastery there! I'm so excited to find out about this contest! I agree this is the busiest time of year. Sul Ross had their breakfast with Santa event and I made jars of cookie ingredients for them and then this past Saturday I delivered 100 home made cookies for the Johnson bake sale at their breakfast with Santa event. Good luck with the rolling hills of work to get through. I hope Things settle in January.

Molly/Cece said...

Jediroara, Hi! Thanks for dropping by. Wow, you are climbing cookie mountains.

I'm glad to have the chance to support a worthy school. Please pass on the link for the contest and if they like the story encourage them to vote. :)

Faith Pray said...

Yum! It sounds like you are in the whirlwinds of winter! I'm sending peace-hugs your way through the bloggy-void. You are an amazing woman.

Molly/Cece said...

If you can 80 degrees and sunny skies winter, then I am in throes. Love the peace-hugs.

"Tell me what company thou keepst, and I'll tell thee what thou art."
- Miguel de Cervantes Spanish novelist.

It follows that I'm amazing, my company is so spectacular.