Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fathomless

Christmas Poem 2011

Dry,
Dust,
Crackled
Trees withered,
And now finally rain,
The drenched Earth rejoices
So hungry after the long summer drought.
We are unaware as the great engines spin.
Our one star in the curved arm of the Milky Way.
And we live another year on our blue ball marble
Hung by God, and wonder at the mysteries of dust
Come alive, and the door opened to glory in the highest.
This year the whispers of eternity ask me to put aside the thoughts
That slow my spin, they assure me of fathomless love and unending peace.
A soul candle flares with this light, here I am, dust brought to life
Oh, and I like the dry earth,
I stretch out my arms
And take in long
Awaited rain.

I will be back next year with more reasons to seize the day.

Here is my Christmas doodle.



My quote for this day:

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. Isaiah 9:2

6 comments:

Janet Lee Carey said...

Beautiful poem, Molly.
It was a gift to read it.



Janet

Molly/Cece said...

I just have a touch of poet in my soul. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it! Hugs. Molly

Vijaya said...

Lovely, Molly. I hope you are enjoying this Christmas season and drinking in all His goodness.

Molly/Cece said...

Thanks, Vijaya. I have had a good Christmas. :)

Faith Pray said...

Lovely. Stirring. I'm still savoring "the mysteries of dust." It makes me want this holiday to have lots of pauses for making room in the inn.

Molly/Cece said...

Hi Faith, I'm happy that the poem struck a chord. I hope that I do all I can to make some small difference in this world and in that be useful. I'm glad you are making room in the inn. ;)